Monday, July 13, 2015

A Place to express my self

To survive in this world today,
one must express themselves.
Find out who you are
and just be you!




   I have always loved writing. Despite my dyslexia and in recent years my visual impairment. I never wanted it to slow me down. In the last several years, I have found myself very lonely and isolated. Mostly due to my medical conditions. Having multiple disabilities and a son with a disability. Even though you are around a lot of people. Well, when I mean a lot of people. I mean therapist, doctor's, and providers. You still feel locked up from the world with no way to express yourself. 


   I have another blog. Mostly a lifestyle blog. Where I talk about products I love, vlogging, homeschooling, etc. But I did not have a place to come to, to express my self. A place where I can just hash out all my feelings, frustrations, desires, wants, needs. Just talk about life in general I guess. A modern day diary opened to the world. 

   I know a lot of people are very private about their lives and their feelings. But when you suffer the way I do. And Chronic Depression, and GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) come along with the mess I deal with. Chronic pain and isolating can do that to you. Shutting off your feelings and being super private can actually do more harm than good. Trust me when I say you don't want to enter into that deep dark place. And taste the dragons breath. You may not be able to surface and make it out alive. 

   Yes, opening up can open yourself up to judgment. However, I firmly believe there are too many people in the same boat as I am for those judgments to negatively affect me. If I can help just one person by relating to them. Then my job is done. For some like me helping others keeps us sane. It keeps our minds from going down that dark road. So if expressing myself this way helps my disabilities and mental wellness. Then why not? Why not share with the world me? 

   So this will be the place that happens. I may not always talk about MS or my disabilities. I will be just giving you a diary of my day. You can come along and join me. I might make you laugh, I might make you cry. And heck might make you feel better about yourself. "This lady is nuts, I feel better about myself now" See doesn't that make you feel better already? All silliness aside. This is an outlet for me. And I hope that it helps others who can relate completely or in a small way. Does not matter. 

Till Tomorrow xoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment